Frequently Asked Questions | SKLAR

We're here to help!

How do I contact Sklar Exploration Company?

401 Edwards Street
Suite 1601
Shreveport, LA 71101

Main Phone: (318) 227-8668 Main Fax: (318) 227-9012 Email:

How do I change my address?

Please use the address change form below and mail or fax it to the attention of our Division Order Department. All address changes must be in writing and include your name, old address, new address, signature, daytime phone number, and social security number/tax payer identification number for verification.
Change of address form (PDF document)

How do I change my name on my account?

Please provide a copy of a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court documents showing your name change. Please include your name, phone number, owner code, and social security number for verification. Mail or fax the change of address form to the attention of our Division Order Department.

If the owner is deceased, what documentation is needed?

Please send us a copy of the owner’s death certificate, probated will, and a copy of the probate instruments which have been recorded in the county/parish where the property is located. Please provide your name, phone number, owner code of the deceased, and social security number of the deceased. If additional information is needed, we will contact you. If the owner died without a will, or if the will has not been probated, please call our Land Department at (318) 227-8668.

If there has been a change in ownership, who do I notify?

Requests for change of ownership must be submitted in writing to our Division Order Department, along with a copy of the deed or instrument of conveyance that has been recorded in the County/Parish where the property is located. Please include your name, phone number, owner code, and social security/tax ID Number for verification. If additional information is needed, we will contact you.

Who do I contact regarding my revenue check or joint interest bill (JIB)? What information should I include to help answer my question?

Questions regarding your revenue check or JIB statement should be directed to Marie Gardner at (318) 227-8668 or, or via mail to the attention of Revenue Accounting Department at our office address. Please include with your question your owner name, owner number, social security/tax ID number for verification, and daytime phone number.

Will I receive a 1099 every year?

Royalty owners who received $10 or more and working interest owners who received $600 or more in the calendar year will receive a 1099 by January 31st of the following year. The income reported to the IRS is your gross income prior to any other deductions or taxes. The 1099 will also list any state or U.S. withholding amounts deducted from your revenue checks.

What should I do if my check is lost, stolen or older than the 180 days listed on the check?

Please allow 15 business days to receive your check. If your check is stolen, please contact our Revenue department immediately at 318-227-8668. Any check dated more than six months ago should be marked “VOID” and sent back to Sklar Exploration Company. We will reissue the check on our next revenue run cycle.

When will revenue checks be issued?

Revenue checks are mailed by the last day of each month. Please allow 15 business days for delivery of your check.

Small revenue amounts are accumulated and paid once a year in December or when the amount reaches $50. Revenue is typically distributed two months following the month of production.

How do I research unclaimed funds?

Funds are reported to various states based on the state of the owner’s last known address record. If the address is unknown, the funds are reported to Louisiana, the state in which Sklar Exploration is domiciled. To claim funds reported as unclaimed by Sklar Exploration, you will need to contact the state. Websites you might find helpful are or

Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?

Many factors contribute to your payment, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions and well downtime.

Does Sklar Exploration Company offer data exchange?

Sklar has the ability to offer data exchange of revenue and joint interest bill (JIB) detail for existing accounting software systems. Participating owners have the ability to view, print or download this information in PDF format.

Does Sklar Exploration Company provide direct deposit?

We have an electronic funds transfer (EFT) option for our revenue interest owners. EFT payments are only available for accounts drawn within the United States. If you elect to receive electronic payments, you will no longer receive your payment detail by mail. You must have an e-mail address. Please download the direct deposit form to begin the enrollment process.

Date: 6 January 2005

Source: Self-made photo

Author: Taken by Jesse Varner. Modified by AzaToth.